Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Dress for the Weather (NOT the Season)!



It’s Fall and I say - so what?  I’ve never been a big fan.  People tend to romanticize the Fall and I don’t really get all the fuss about it.  Shorter days, more darkness and the onset of colder weather…  Yippee!!  Sounds like a party!   I’m an extremist in every sense of the word and always have been.  Give me hot or cold – I don’t like the in between.   

But let’s get real – there really is no Fall or Spring anymore.  There is just a modified, short-lived Winter and Summer.  In New York, the weather has been unseasonably warmer than usual so far.  It was 75 degrees on November 9th!  And people were ice skating on ice that was rapidly melting!  Why?  And I have also seen people in down coats and fur boots.  Relax – It’s not that cold yet.  So here’s my rule of thumb for unpredictable weather: Dress for the weather, NOT the season.

It’s simple. When you get up in the morning, check the weather report online and dress for whatever that is, not for what November 17th should be.  Times have changed and many of the rules of fashion no longer apply. The season doesn’t dictate what we can and cannot wear.  It is totally okay to wear white pants after Labor Day and it is also okay to dress lightly if it’s 75 degrees in November.
 
Here are 3 tips for dressing for the changeable weather:
  1. Moto jackets are super on trend and great for moderate temps and windy Fall days.
  2. Booties are literally mini boots and go with everything and there are tons of styles available right now – for both men and women.
  3. Dressing in layers gives you the opportunity to unwrap if the temps fluctuate throughout the day.  Scarves, tanks & cardigans are great for this.  I realize this may sound obvious but it is easier said than done

                   



                   

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I appreciate the freedom you just gave me through this post. My mom was one of those, "dress for the season" folks, and I thought it was nonsense even then. Don't get me wrong, of course I loved my mom...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...


Rar Password Unlocker
Rar Password Unlocker